25 Years of Experience in Nonprofit and Higher Education Fundraising
Proven Track Record of Success with Organizations of all Sizes
Professional, Cost-Effective Advice, Based on Proven Best Practices
Creative Understanding of the Uniqueness of Your Organization
No Cost for Initial 30-Minute Telephone Consultation
My professional passion is to provide cost-effective, client-centered advice and expertise to assist nonprofit and higher education professionals with exceeding their goals and better serving their clients and communities. I am dedicated to both institutional and professional advancement—to helping you expand your capabilities and better leverage your people and “connections” to move your organization to a higher level of success, regardless of your current level of fundraising dollars and acumen.
I subscribe to the Code of Ethical Principles and Standards of Professional Practice for the Association of Fundraising Professionals (AFP).
AREAS OF SPECIALIZATION
Fundraising Assistance for Nonprofit Organizations and Higher Education:
- Capital Campaigns (all phases, from initial campaign planning through case statement development, prospect identification, staff and Board training, solicitation assistance, recognition strategies, and stewardship that fosters long-term support).
- Grantsmanship Assistance: Corporate, Foundation, and Government Grant and Proposal Writing.
- Prospect Identification, Assessment, and Prioritization.
- Major Gift Solicitation Strategies for Improved Results.
- Corporate Relations: Building “Value-Added” Relationships and More Effectively Making your Nonprofit’s “Business Case” for Support.
- Foundation Relations: Identifying and Approaching Foundations by Maximizing “Mission-Alignment.”
- Annual Fund Analysis and Strategies for Expansion/Improvement (database creation and/or assessment, expansion strategies for your client/supporter base, and crafting appeals that get results).
- Fundraising Counsel for Nonprofit/University CEOs, Managers, Presidents, Deans, Center Directors, Researchers, Faculty, etc.
- Nonprofit Board Recruitment and Development (fostering more effective engagement).
- Fundraising Staff Mentoring, Evaluation, and Interim Leadership.
- Fundraising Communications (“making your case” online, in brochures and other printed materials, and crafting better solicitation and thank-you letters).
Advising Corporations on Philanthropy and Social Investment:
- Social Investment Strategy Development and Refinement.
- “Target Community” Needs Assessment.
- Impact Assessment.
- Integrated Institutional Advancement for Your Company or Business (e.g. more efficient and effective College, University, and Technical College Relations, from recruiting strategies to multi-disciplinary or cross-institutional strategic partnerships that maximize ROI).
Private Foundation Grantmaker Assistance:
- Philanthropic Strategy Development and Refinement.
- Competitive Field Studies.
- Impact Assessment.